I will admit it has been awhile since I have posted.
Almost an entire year.
That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been doing things… In fact it is just the opposite! I have been too busy doing ALL the things. Between working multiple jobs, spending time outside and getting some travelling in, I have been too tired to feel inspired to sit down and write. I even stopped shooting on my DSLR for awhile there. But the last couple months have allowed me to slow down, gather my life together and start to feel creative again. Let me catch you up on my last year…
Highlights of my year:
- Traveled to Ontario to see my family in January. And August. And heading back again in a couple of weeks
- Participated in my third Calgary Firefighter Stairclimb in April
- Completed my training as swiftwater rescue technician in May
- Got my class 2 drivers license in May
- Completed ITLS (International Trauma and Life Support) also in May
- Trained my ass off for, and competed in my first ever Firefit competition in June (it was a disaster LOL)
- Worked as a canoe guide for the summer
- Broke my thumb, three ribs and re-dislocated my knee between April and August
- Roadtripped around the west coast with my family
- Started working (super casually but LOVE it!) at Canmore Brewing
- And have basically been all over Alberta in the last 6 months or so.
It has honestly been a wild year, in so many ways. I am working on doing some writing, catching up on all the amazing places I have been and things that I have seen and am trying to get settled into a better schedule for writing. Its so easy to let writing slip, and then you look at how long it’s been since you’ve posted anything, and you feel so bad that you don’t want to post anything… Its a vicious circle that leads to more procrastination. But I am here. I’m back and better than ever!